- Current Texas Apprentice, Tradesman or Journeyman license
- STRONG RESIDENTIAL (minimum 2 - 3 years) service and repair skills/experience (Apprentices - 1 year minimum)
- Valid Texas Driver's License (No DWI's in past 7 years)
- Dependable, no excessive call-ins
TYPICAL MONDAY - FRIDAY WORK DAY:
- Good customer service
- Team mentality
- Good at time management
- Dependable, honest, excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Be respectful of customers and co-workers
- Arrive at shop by 7:45am, review calls scheduled on tablet for your truck and check to see if apprentice is assigned to assist for the day. Load any specific material not already on truck needed for jobs. Go over special job notes (if any) with office for day's schedule.
- Route to 1st service call to PERFORM work (not to "sell" work, the work is already scheduled). All service calls are within a 15 mile radius of our shop, no excessive driving. Complete service call, prepare invoice (on tablet), and collect payment. Route to next service call, complete all service calls for day. (Note: Office staff stays in close contact with our plumbers during the day to determine if certain jobs need to be rescheduled or reassigned to another plumber to keep the work day running as smoothly as possible.) Throughout day you would provide office with any feedback when needed relating to work/jobs. *The office is VERY careful when scheduling to allow staff to complete work by 5pm. On some occasions, trucks may be out a little past this time, however, on MOST occasions the office schedules on the lighter side to insure our crew can avoid burn out and get home to their families.
MOST TYPICAL TYPES OF WORK/SERVICE CALLS:
The following are the most common types of calls we take for the residential service plumber position:
Locate, repair water & gas leaks. Unstop drains. Repairing and replacing faucets, toilets, etc. Replacing water, sewer, and gas pipes (ususally service crew does not do full replacements, only sections for repairs, etc.). Gas tests. Plumbing for smaller remodels. Water heater repair & replacement. All other standard service/repair type work. SOME commercial service/repair (no commercial build outs, only standard repairs/replacements and drain cleaning). NO new construction or under the slab repairs.HIRING - WHAT TO EXPECT:
Each step of this process is usually scheduled in quick succession unless the job applicant's schedule does not allow it.
- Before any interview can be scheduled, an online or in person application must be submitted. You may fill out the short preliminary application right from our website (look for the link at the top or bottom of this page). You may also call to have an application emailed to you, or you may pick one up in person at our office. NOTE: Confidentiality will be guaranteed when it is needed.
- Once an application has been submitted, a phone interview will be conducted to further assess experience and work history as well as potential fit with the company.
- Upon a successful phone interview, a personal interview will be scheduled.
- Upon successful personal interview, a start date will be given. Start dates are flexible to allow for notice (when needed) to current employers. Upon hire, a short probationary period is required during which new employees would ride on a truck with other plumbers. During this time, the goal is to assess the skills and experience of new employees before assigning them to their own truck, along with training new employees on our standard procedures and use of the tablets for scheduling, invoicing, etc. Probationary hourly pay is paid during this time frame. We invest a great deal in our staff and are looking for long term business relationships, therefore we expect new employees coming into the company to invest in us as well. (Note: Probationary pay is never lower than the pay scale for the licensed position.)
WHO WE ARE & WHO WE ARE NOT:
We care a great deal about the health and happiness of our crew. We believe our staff is EQUALLY as important as our customers. That being said, we do our best to provide shifts that allow our plumbers to be home with their families and not working excessive hours, along with great wages and employment packages. Overtime is available, IF desired. In addition, our office staff is as careful as possible keeping our staff in mind when scheduling work. For example, we do not schedule home re-pipes in the summer months, we try to limit other work in attics (such as water heater replacements) to the morning hours during the summer months, help is sent on larger jobs, etc. We don't "punish" our plumbers when they have "call-backs" by docking pay when "call-backs" are needed. They are expected from time to time, even with the most seasoned staff, and therefore all "call-back" time at work is PAID time.
In short, our crew watches the company's back, and the company watches theirs. We are a down to earth, modest company with a strong customer base and plenty of work. We focus more on investing money back into our employees while still offering reasonably priced services to our customers. The "dazzle" is in the quality of our work and the ethical standards of the company. We are not interested in "bodies" or turning and burning employees. We are very selective in our hiring, bringing on the most qualified in the trade that are also a good fit with the company and other staff. We DON'T do "numbers on a board" here. We want plumbers who are highly skilled in the trade and take pride in their work, we are not looking for "salesmen". We DON'T promote employees competing against each other, we DO encourage employees to support each other.
TO APPLY ONLINE NOW, CLICK LINK TO APPLY FOR A JOB
Frances Lange - Vice President
A WORD FROM THE VICE PRESIDENT:My name is Frances Lange, vice president here at Lanco Plumbing. I'm glad you have taken the time to check out our careers page. We are very serious about where we are going as a company, and who we bring on to our team to take that journey with us. I would love to speak with you directly to learn more about who you are and what you are looking for in your career in the plumbing industry. If you have any other questions about us, just call and ask! If what we do here at Lanco is appealing to you and you believe it is a good fit, fill out the online application and don't hesitate to call me directly to discuss employment further. I look forward to speaking with you.